Trump Says He Will Not Participate In Virtual Debate
Written by 1.02010 on October 8, 2020
It was announced this Thursday that the next presidential debate will be held virtually. The nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates said that Donald Trump and Joe Biden will “participate from separate remote locations,” in a “town meeting form” while the participants and moderator remain in Miami. The move was made due to concerns about Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis. Biden previously said the second presidential debate should be canceled if the president is still infected. However, after being released from the hospital, Trump said he was still looking forward to the big event. Now, it looks like he’s not feeling that way anymore as he just told Fox Business that he will NOT be participating in a virtual debate. He said, “I’m not going to waste my time on a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about.” The debate, scheduled for Oct. 15, would be held with Trump and Biden in separate locations “in order to protect the health and safety of all involved with the second presidential debate,” the commission said. Biden has not yet responded to Trump’s drop out.