Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Montecito home breached by intruder TWICE
Written by KingCnote on March 15, 2021
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s mansion in Southern California, was breached two times by the same intruder over the Christmas holiday, a new report claims.
Nickolas Brooks, 37, was first caught trespassing at the $14.65million property in Montecito on December 24, but officers with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office let him off with a warning, TMZ reported Sunday.
Two days later Brooks showed up again on December 26 and was subsequently arrested and charged with one count of misdemeanor trespassing.
Sources told TMZ that Brooks had driven all the way from Ohio. It’s unclear why he went to the home or if the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were there at the time.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s mansion in Southern California, was breached two times by the same intruder over the Christmas holiday, a new report claims
Nickolas Brooks, 37, was first caught trespassing at the $14.65million property in Montecito (pictured) on December 24, but officers with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office let him off with a warning, TMZ reported Sunday
News of Brooks’ breaches comes a week after Harry opened up about being worried for his family’s safety during the couple’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Harry revealed how Buckingham Palace revoked their security detail when they stepped down as senior royals and moved to North America.
He said that he and Meghan inked their lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify because they needed money to cover their own security after being ‘cut off financially’ by the Palace after their departure from the UK.
‘I’ve got what my mum left me, and without that, we would not have been able to do this.
‘During COVID, the suggestion by a friend was, “What about streamers?”‘ Harry said, while Meghan added: ‘We genuinely hadn’t thought about it before.’
‘We hadn’t thought about it,’ Harry continued. ‘So, there were all sorts of different options. And look, from my perspective, all I needed was enough money to be able to pay for security to keep my family safe.’
The deals with Netflix and Spotify were said to be worth $100million and $25million, respectively.
Harry, 36, and his brother William inherited £21million ($29million) from their mother Diana. The money was held in trust until they turned 25.
Harry also received a smaller figure from the Queen Mother’s will after she died in 2002, putting his total inheritance assets at around $32million, the Times estimates.
News of Brooks’ breaches comes a week after Harry opened up about being worried for his family’s safety during the couple’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey (pictured)
Harry and Meghan’s nine-bedroom, 16-bathroom mansion – which they bought with the help of a $16million mortgage last summer – is believed to have tripled in value over the past nine months, according to local real estate agent Sandy Stahl.
A fan, Anastasia Hanson, set up a GoFundMe campaign to help the couple cover their mortgage last week after they opined about financial struggles in the Oprah interview.
In the description of the campaign, 56-year-old Hanson wrote that the ‘jobless’ Duke and Duchess had been going through a ‘very rough time’ after having funding for their security and lifestyle pulled by the Royal family.
However the campaign didn’t garner much sympathy and was ultimately closed down after raising just over $100.
This is a developing story.
This content was originally published here.